Do you feel your fitness levels slipping away as you remain confined to your home due to coronavirus lockdowns? Fortunately, you no longer have to feel this way! Here is a comprehensive guide to regaining your peak fitness levels without even having to set foot in a gym!
Get Your Hands On Some Versatile Home Gym Equipment
If you’re feeling nostalgic for your days at the gym, then you might want to consider buying some home fitness equipment. While this might sound like an expensive investment, there are plenty of affordable options out there that can be used for a variety of workout routines!
- T&R Sports Adjustable Dumbbell Set With Barbell- this pair of adjustable dumbbells can be customized to weigh between 6 and 22 pounds each, meaning that you can replace your gym’s entire weights section with just one product! What’s more, these dumbbells come with a complimentary barbell, so that you can perform a range of additional exercises such as bench press and deadlifts.
- Goplus 2 in 1 Folding Treadmill- if you’re looking to improve your cardiovascular fitness while also saving space in your home, then this folding treadmill is your ideal fitness solution! This Goplus has 2 workout modes — when the handrail is folded, it acts as a slow jogging machine. If the handrail is up, then this Goplus boosts its maximum running speed to 7.5 mi/h! At $400, it is also one of the cheapest gym treadmills on the market.
- Tempo Studio- this home fitness center is an entire gym and personal trainer all wrapped up into one machine! The Tempo Studio includes a selection of weights, dumbbell bars, and barbells along with a touch screen that offers a range of interactive classes. What’s more, this machine’s AI sensors detect your movements and provide you with personalized feedback!
Get Fit Even When You’re Not Working Out!
Even if you’re short on time, there are still plenty of ways that you can get fit without dedicating a significant amount of time to comprehensive gym sessions.
- Mowing The Lawn- if your backyard is in need of a trim, then you benefit from a valuable workout while completing your chores at the same time! The movement of pushing your lawnmower engages your chest, shoulders, arms and legs. Consider doing a few squats or jumping jacks when you’re done to really get your heartbeat racing.
- Gardening- this activity involves a lot of bending, reaching, pushing, pulling, and twisting — all of which are functional strength moves! To get a more intense workout, consider carrying your mulch bags across the lawn instead of using a wheelbarrow.
- Enjoy Some Time At The Pool- the next time you have some free time, consider spending it at the pool. Swimming provides a full body workout and is also low intensity, making it an appropriate workout even for those who have injuries.
- Take The Stairs- you may not realize just how many calories you burn by climbing up stairs! If you live or work in a building with an elevator, rather take the stairs and benefit from a brief yet beneficial workout that takes just seconds to complete.
Try Performing Some Equipment-Free Workouts
Here are some effective workouts that will provide you with all the same health benefits of the gym while requiring none of the equipment!
- Calisthenics- these are bodyweight exercises that you can perform to exercise your larger muscle groups while also improving your cardiovascular fitness. There are plenty of calisthenic workouts that you can perform at home, ranging from push-ups and lunges to planks, wall squats, and dips.
- Fitness Apps- there are numerous fitness apps that can provide you with a gut-busting workout directly from your smartphone! Nike Training Club comes highly recommended, with over 200 workouts targeting various muscle groups. What’s more, this app offers a range of fitness plans according to your goals!
- Yoga- aimed at improving strength, flexibility and balance while reducing stress, this is a workout that you can perform without any equipment. There is an assortment of YouTube Yoga channels that you can follow for comprehensive workout routines from the comfort of your bedroom!
- Pilates- this low-impact workout involves a range of movements targeted at improving your muscle strength while perfecting your posture and flexibility. While some pilates routines involve basic equipment such as dumbbells and balls, many pilates workouts require zero equipment. Check out YouTube for a range of informative pilates channels.
The Bottom Line
Even if you’re unable to go to the gym, your fitness doesn’t have to be compromised. There are plenty of workouts that you can perform at home that require little to no gym equipment, as well as other fitness-focused activities that are not even considered workouts at all!