As we age, our skin becomes thinner, less smooth, less elastic, and more fragile. As a result, our skin care needs also change; the skincare products we used in our youth rarely meet the needs of our senior skin.
Thus, if you want your skin to reap all the benefits of a moisturizer, it’s important to know which moisturizers best meet those needs.
Top 6 Moisturizers for Senior Skin
CeraVe Moisturizing Cream
CeraVe is one of the most dermatologist-recommended moisturizers for seniors available today. It’s a lightweight lotion that provides long-lasting hydration and contains all the most essential ingredients for skin moisturizing.
- Normal to dry skin types
- Fragrance and oil-free
- Price range: $11-$16
Cetaphil Moisturizing Cream
Cetaphil is safe for your body and face and is so sensitive it can even be used on babies and infants. It’s an all-day moisturizer and is especially designed so that it doesn’t cause blocked pores (non-comedogenic).
- Fragrance and paraben-free
- Hypoallergenic and non-comedogenic
- Can help individuals with rosacea as part of a daily skin care regimen
- Price range: $12-$18
Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Body Lotion
An excellent, all-over-the-body daily moisturizer, Aveeno contains colloidal oatmeal, which is the natural ingredient most recommended by dermatologists.
- Non-comedogenic, hypoallergenic, fragrance-free
- 24-hour protection, good for everyday use
- Clinically proven to relieve dry skin
- Price range: $8-$12
Nurture My Body Organic Vitamin C Cream
An outstanding all natural, organic vitamin C cream made especially for dry, sensitive, senior skin. It’s good for the entire body and provides long-lasting nourishment for the skin.
- Comes in an ultraviolet-proof blue glass jar with a recyclable lid and packaging and shipping materials are 100% recyclable
- Made from certified organic botanicals
- suits sensitive, dry skin types
- Price: $37.95
Advanced Clinicals Collagen Skin Rescue Lotion
An outstanding product for dry skin, this Advanced Clinicals lotion is a face and body moisturizer that targets trouble spots typical to aging such as age spots, stretch marks, wrinkles etc.
- Allergen and fragrance-free
- Recommended for use after-surgery to help reduce scarring
- Suited to seniors with dry or sensitive skin
- Price range: $6-$14.50
Jergens Ultra Healing Dry Skin Moisturizer
An excellent all-over moisturizer for extra-dry skin, Jergens Ultra Healing moisturizer is even good for the toughest dry spots like elbows, heels and knees.
- Best for extra dry skin
- Seals in moisture for up to 36 hours
- Most affordable
- Price range: $5.79 – $7.93
Time to switch to a moisturizer designed for mature skin
Choosing the right lotion for your skin is important, especially as your skin deals with the effects of aging. The moisturizers listed above are excellent options for older adults and leave skin feeling refreshed and rejuvenated.