As COVID-19 continues to ravage 2020, it’s increasingly important to find experiences we can still enjoy. Going on a local vacation is one of them since exposure levels decrease when you travel locally, costs are lower and you are always much closer to home in case of emergency.
As long as you follow a few safety rules, a local vacation can be exactly the breath of fresh air you need to bring new energy to yourself and your loved ones.
These 7 tips will help you do that:
1. Pack a COVID-19 travel kit (first aid + sanitizers, wipes & soaps)
2. Transportation- choose the option with the least amount of exposure to others
3. Avoid public restrooms as much as possible
4. Insist on a mask on yourselves and others (even if it means being less polite)
5. Maintain social distancing
6. Know local restrictions well
7. Check the number of cases on the CDC website and base decisions on it. Happy travels!